Essay:List of Keyforge Combos
What do people like about Keyforge? Is it the art? That you don’t have to build your own deck? Popping freshies? I’d say that all of those points are valid. But I think there’s one aspect that tops them all: it’s the discovery of synergies between cards.
Nothing feels better than discovering a new synergy between two or more cards that create a never-before-seen effect. But not all effects are the same. Some are just cool or interesting interactions between cards, but some are so impactful that they’re worth being called a combo.
But what exactly is a combo? A combo is two or three cards that, when played together, create a big advantage over your opponent that can effectively lead to winning the game. Technically, combos are still synergies, but the effect they create is much bigger than the effect created by an average synergy.
So that’s the general definition of a combo. But there are different types of combos, and every type creates a different kind of advantage.
Some combos help generate a huge amount of Æmber. Others try to lock the opponent into one specific house or out of a specific house completely. There are also combos that exploit the rule of 6. Last but not least, there are combos that win you the game.
I wanted to create a list that will help you find and identify combos more easily on Archon ID cards. But since there’s an almost uncountable amount of combos in the game (and the number is growing bigger and bigger with each set), I wanted to mostly rely on some of the better known combos for this list. Only a handful of the lesser known combos were included.
So let’s begin.
- BRIG: Binate Rupture/Interdimensional Graft
- Gangernaut: Drummernaut/Ganger Chieftain
- Tribute/Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
- Cincinnatus Rex/The Golden Spiral
- Livia the Elder/Legatus Raptor
- Livia the Elder/Cincinnatus Rex
- Mega Narp/The Flex
- Duskwitch/Skybooster Squadron
- Song of the Wild/Ghosthawk
- Commpod/Crystal Hive
- Combat Pheromones/Crystal Hive
- The Sting/Whispering Reliquary
- The Sting/Snudge
- The Sting/Vezyma Thinkdrone
- Hysteria/A Fair Game
- Loot the Bodies/Coward’s End
- Control the Weak/A Fair Game
- The Ulfberht Device/Allusions of Grandeur
- Library Card/Dark Æmber Vault
- Auto-Encoder/Punctuated Equilibrium
- Library Access/Reverse Time
- Helmsman Spears/Stealth Mode
- Com. Officer Kirby/Punctuated Equilibrium
- Replicator/Professor Sutterkin
- Hysteria/Lesser Oxtet
Control Over the Opponent or Board
- Bouncing Deathquark/Archimedes
- Neutron Shark/Self-Bolstering Automata
- Neutron Shark/Reassembling Automaton
- General Order 24/Self-Bolstering Automata
- General Order 24/Reassembling Automaton
- Curia Saurus/Amphora Captura
- They’re Everywhere!/Save the Pack
- Scrivener Favian/Amphora Captura
- Reassembling Automaton/Discombobulator
- Reassembling Automaton/Quadracorder
- Kompsos Haruspex/Ronnie Wristclocks
- Kompsos Haruspex/Infurnace
- Control the Weak/Dominator Bauble/Witch of the Eye
- Control the Weak/Deipno Spymaster/Witch of the Eye
- Control the Weak/Screaming Cave
- Ronnie Wristclocks/Too Much to Protect/Nerve Blast
- Screaming Cave/Infurnace
- Infurnace/Universal Recycle Bin
- Miasma/Too Much to Protect
- Rad Penny/Seeker Needle
- Safe House/Bo Nithing
- Potion of Invulnerability/The Grey Rider
- Into the Fray/Potion of Invulnerability
- Lord Invidius/Essence Scale
- GenKA: Martian Generosity/Key Abduction
- Battle Fleet/Key Abduction
- Heart of the Forest/Grasping Vines/Chota Hazri
- Heart of the Forest/Grasping Vines/Key Charge
- The Sting/Key Charge
- The Sting/Chota Hazri
I hope this list helps you as it helped me to identify combos and what they do. Keep forging!