This chart provides a detailed timing structure for all game steps and a number of frequently used card abilities. Use this information to determine the proper sequence of card abilities and game steps.
Text in black indicates game steps and text in RED lists common card effects and exactly when they happen.
Whenever two or more effects occur at the same time step on this chart, the order that those effects resolve in is determined by the active player. Note: Effects that use the term “each time” occur at the same timing point as effects that use the term “after.”
- Check to see if you are able to forge a key.
- If able, spend Æmber equal to the current forging cost and forge a key. If you forge your 3rd key, you immediately win the game.
You may perform these actions in any order and repeat them any number of times.
- If your card is a creature, artifact or upgrade, put it into play. If your card is an action, reveal it (after you play it, discard it).
- Resolve the Æmber bonus on your card.
1. Exhaust the attacking creature and choose the creature they are fighting.
2. Creatures deal their damage to each other simultaneously.
- Exhaust the reaping creature.
- Gain 1 Æmber.
- Exhaust your creature or artifact with the Action: or Omni: ability.
- Resolve the effects of that ability.
- Ready each of your exhausted cards.
The following steps occur each time damage is dealt to one or more creatures:
The following steps occur each time one or more cards would be destroyed:
1. Cards are tagged for destruction.
2. Each destroyed card is put into its owner’s discard pile. (The battleline immediately shifts to fill in each destroyed creature’s place.)