From Archon Arcana - The KeyForge Wiki
- Sep 15: The new house introduced in Winds of Exchange is confirmed to be Compacts of Ekwidon, a mercantile house featuring themes of trade and exchange.
- Sep 10: Fantasy Flight Games announces a hiatus for the game to fix the algorithm, confirms set 6 and a new project to make a digital version of KeyForge.
- Apr 23: Rise of the Keyraken, the first co-operative KeyForge Adventure, is now available as a free print-and-play.
- Apr 16: Dark Tidings is released in Canada and throughout Europe, as well as playable on the fan-made The Crucible Online.
- Apr 14: Dark Tidings, the fifth KeyForge set, is now available on the Master Vault.
- Apr 12: The first KeyForge novel, The Qubit Zirconium by M Darusha Wehm, is released.
- Mar 23: The Art of KeyForge, a book containing detailed illustrations of art from the game, is released.
- Mar 12: Dark Tidings is released in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia.
- Mar 11: KeyForge Adventures, a new way to play KeyForge cooperatively for 1-3 players, is announced. The first two adventures will be released for free starting in April.
- Mar 11: FFG makes an official announcement regarding both the delay of Dark Tidings in several countries and issues with updating the Master Vault.
- Dec 17: KeyForge developer Aaron Haltom answers over 30 outstanding rules questions, which are now reflected on the card pages of the wiki.
- Dec 14: FFG suspends Crucible Casts until the end of the year due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Aug 25: 2 Million decks are now registered in the Master Vault
- Aug 24: Organized Play COVID-19 update: All large scale events canceled for the remainder of 2020, Store level events starting where possible.
- Aug 1: 10 "Impossible" Print and Play decks released during the FFG Gen Con Dark Tidings Discussion stream
- Jul 29: Dark Tidings, the fifth set, is announced at the Fantasy Flight Games In-Flight Report, and will be released in February 2021.
- Jul 25: "Crucible Cast 22: Mass Mutation Scavenger Hunt!" is released.
- Jul 10: Mass Mutation, the fourth KeyForge set, is released worldwide! The rulebook is also updated with new rules, errata, FAQ, and a modified timing chart. Each Mass Mutation deck registered before July 27th will be worth 10 Æmbershards instead of the usual one.
- Jul 8: With the Korean release of Mass Mutation, KeyForge is now available in 12 languages.
- Jul 4: "Crucible Cast Ep. 21: Back To The Studio" is released. Chainbound events can be held again where local social distancing rules allow for it.
- Jul 2: "KeyForge Mass Mutation Showcase" streamed on FFG Live.
- Jun 6: "Crucible Cast Ep. 20: The Quarantine Continues..." is released
- Apr 16: 4x preview Mass Mutation Print and Play decks are now available for free download.
- Apr 16: "KeyForge Mass Mutation AMA" released
- Apr 15: FFG extends the suspension of all store-level events through September 1, 2020. All premier events such as Vault Tours are suspended through July 29.
- Apr 4: "Crucible Cast Ep. 18: The Quarantine Episode" released
- Mar 17: FFG suspends all Organized Play through June 1, 2020, including Vault Tours and the 2020 World Championship. The UK Games Expo has rescheduled its convention to August 21-23, 2020.
- Mar 12: The AdeptiCon Vault Tour is cancelled due to the COVID-19 virus.
- Mar 7: "Crucible Cast Ep.17: The Q & A Episode" released
- Mar 1: Alejandro Rosa Calero, the reigning Spanish Grand Champion, becomes the first two-time Grand Champion after winning the UK Grand Championship.
- Nov 30: "Crucible Cast Ep14: Happy Turkey Weekend" released
- Nov 30: 1.5 Million decks registered in the Master Vault
- Nov 27: Name leaked for the fourth KeyForge set, expected in May 2020: Mass Mutation
- Nov 10: First Worlds Collide Sealed Vault Tour held in Indianapolis. Nathan Westlake becomes first player to win both an Archon and Sealed VT.
- Nov 08: Worlds Collide, the third KeyForge set is released worldwide! It is also immediately playable on the fan-made The Crucible Online.
- Nov 05: Rulebook 1.5 released, adding Worlds Collide keywords
- Oct 27: 1 Million Call of the Archons decks registered in the Master Vault
- Oct 26: “Crucible Cast Ep 13: Worlds Collide Is Coming” released
- Oct 20: Last Age of Ascension Sealed Vault Tour held in Richmond, VA.
- Oct 06: First Archon Triad Vault Tour held in Las Vegas, NV.
- Oct 05: “Crucible Cast Ep 12: Answering Your VaultWarrior Questions” released
- Oct 04: Prime Championships dates and locations announced
- Sep 29: Vault Tour held in Madrid, Jakub “Dunkoro” Nosal becomes second player with two VT wins, both with “Pink Fraud”
- Sep 28: “Crucible Cast Ep 11: Holy Cow! VaultWarrior?! What?!” released
- Sep 26: VaultWarrior announced in a live stream with designer Richard Garfield: a new, pro level series of events with cash prizes and focusing on the current set, starting in March 2020.
- Sep 26: The first KeyForge World Championship will be a team event, held in Minnesota in May 2020.
- Sep 20: Store leaderboards with monthly alt-art decks for Top 4 players announced
- Sep 14: Biggest Grand Championship so far held in Modena, Italy, with a total of 244 players
- Sep 08: First US Vault Tour with Yeti gaming held at Collinsville, IL. George Keagle becomes first player with two VT wins, both with “Gasoline”.
- Sep 04: Rulebook 1.4 released, reversing the controversial Archimedes ruling, adding “tagged for destruction” and a timing chart. Brad Andres on the updates.
- Aug 31: “Crucible Cast Ep 10: Vault Tour Stats, Rules Answers, and a Teaser” released
- Aug 25: Sealed and Archon Vault Tours held at Krakow, Poland.
- Aug 15: First Grand Championship held in Nürnberg, Germany, the first high-level full Adaptive event
- Aug 07: Prime Championships formats and prizes announced
- Aug 04: Sealed and Archon Vault Tours held at Gen Con, attracting a record number of players in a US event.
- Aug 02: Worlds Collide, the third KeyForge set is announced at Gen Con, introducing first new houses and confirming release schedule of 2 sets per year.
- Jun 29: “Crucible Cast Ep 08: 1,000,000 Decks, Vault Tour News, and More!” released
- Jun 23: Vault Tour with 342 players held in Bologna, Italy: the second largest VT ever.
- Jun 19: 1 Million KeyForge decks registered in the Master Vault, FFG awards 10 Æmbershards to all players
- Jun 18: Store Championships formats and prizes announced
- Jun 16: First US Age of Ascension Vault Tour held at Origins in Columbus, OH.
- Jun 02: Biggest yet Vault Tour held at UK Games Expo in Birmingham, with 388 players celebrating the release of Age of Ascension with a Sealed tournament.
- May 30: Age of Ascension, the second KeyForge set is released!
- May 29: Rulebook 1.3 released, including erratas for Bait & Switch and Library Access. Brad Andres explains the updates.
- May 27: Last Call of the Archons Sealed Vault Tour held in Atlanta, GA.
- May 25: "Crucible Cast Ep 07: Vault Tours, Bonus Æmber, and More!" released
- Mar 31: First Archon Survival Vault Tour held at AdeptiCon in Schaumburg, IL.
- Mar 30: “Crucible Cast Ep 05: Vault Tour Thoughts, New Features, & Upcoming Tour Locations” released
- Mar 29: Season One kits announced
- Mar 17: First Vault Tours held in Europe (Eindhoven, NL) and USA (Seattle, WA), both with 170+ players. Rachael Trimble becomes the first VT winner.
- Mar 06: Details about collecting and redeeming Æmbershards announced
- Feb 28: Official KeyForge Game Overview video published
- Feb 23: “Crucible Cast Ep 04: Chainbound, Vault Tours, and Æmbershard, Oh My!” released
- Feb 18: Prize Wall rewards for Vault Tours announced
- Feb 12: Age of Ascension, the second KeyForge set is announced in a live stream with designer Richard Garfield, introducing new cards and new keywords.
- Jan 26: “Crucible Cast Ep 3: OP Kits, Chainbound News, and more!” released
- Jan 22: Full details about Chainbound events announced
- Jan 17: Rulebook 1.2 released with errata for Biomatrix Backup and a modification of the first turn rule.
- Jan 17: 500k KeyForge decks registered in the Master Vault
- Jan 16: Full announcement of the Vault Tour: a series of massive, high-level KeyForge tournaments in EU and USA
- Jan 14: The second age of KeyForge Organized Play announced: introducing all levels of tournaments, as well as chains and power levels for decks.
- Nov 19: Pods of Discovery events announced
- Nov 15: KeyForge: Call of the Archons released worldwide! More than 30k decks registered in the newly launched Master Vault app on the first day.
- Nov 09: “Crucible Cast Ep. 1: Your OP Questions Answered” released
- Nov 09: FFG announces a small batch of decks will not be playable in official events due to problematic deck names
- Sep 25: Six European Preview events announced
- Aug 30: The Crucible Online, an unofficial online client based on Jinteki/Throneteki is launched
- Aug 03: KeyForge: Call of the Archons is announced at Gen Con! Designed by legendary designer Richard Garfield, this is the world’s first Unique Deck Game.